The collaborative, as well as the individual works, of myself and Bailey. I hope you enjoy, for we have enjoyed writing it. -Lucas

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gossamer

Her being imbues the tickling tingles of butterflies,
trapped in the stomachs of strangers passing by.
Her soul radiates purity, and instills an intangible
inner peace into the lucky ones that catch her eye.
Her smile is that of undiluted delectation,
and her eyes shine with the wisdom of an old soul.
Her hands possess the very essence of magnanimity
and tenderness; resentment and sorrow wither
at her caress. Everything about her is beautiful,
and all things she graces with her time
have a gossamer sheen of the beauty she leaves behind...
Alas, I have a gossamer sheen. I have been left behind..
Her spirit is elusive; I knew all the while that I couldn't
experience it for long. I could not contain her. No man of
this land can. She is as free as Poseidon's horses,
born of the sea foam. Dependence does not define with her,
and reliance is that of a foreign tongue.
No, forever with her was never transcribed onto the pages
of Fate. But my time with her was real; it is something that
I must relive in my mind in all of the days to come. If I do not,
I'll never again believe it to be true. I cannot forget to remember her..
I cannot forget her..
I'll always remember her,
my gossamer girl.

-Bailey

1 comment: