The collaborative, as well as the individual works, of myself and Bailey. I hope you enjoy, for we have enjoyed writing it. -Lucas

Monday, July 7, 2014

An Ephemeral Vessel

Are you there, wherever you are, thinking of me? I most certainly am thinking of you, now, in this moment. I am thinking of the way you love me, the way those eyes fall on mine in the seconds before we kiss. I am thinking of the day we met, how your eyes seemed so different then. They were the same color, just as beautiful, but they did not know me, they did not love me. The days, the nights, every waking hour I spent lost in that gaze of yours, a wayward vessel sailing for the sunrise. How you came to love me, you would smile just hearing my voice. You would laugh at my stupid jokes, and they were stupid. You would worry when I was gone, and light up like the sun when I was there. I remember holding you in the dark, the world fading away leaving only us and the stars we were under. I smiled at you; I kissed your lips and told you everything was going to be ok. I told you that no matter where I was, I could look at those stars and see you there next to me. See this moment, this fleeting moment, watch as it became eternal. Watch as we became eternal.
                Do you see me there? Do you feel me there? I am waiting for you behind this wall of time. I will always be here waiting. Search for me my love, reach out in the dark, look up at the stars and remember me. Please, I am fading away. I can’t hold on anymore. I’m slipping. No! I won’t let go! Remember me! Remember m…

                Have I been gone long? My ship she… she… well I don’t remember exactly what happened. The last thing I recall was sailing towards the sunrise. I felt so sure. I felt like I had a purpose. It’s crazy I know, but, I was lost at sea for so long, looking for something. Something I thought I knew. It’s been that long? It’s funny how time falls away from you. Not in the ticks of a clock but rather in the beats of a heart. Did I find what I was looking for? I believe I did. I never caught the sunrise, as a younger me once thought he could. But out there among the distant tides and the shining stars I found something I never knew existed. What was it, you ask? Well, one day when you find yourself lost at sea, remember the stars, remember the fleeting moment. And you will see for yourself. What now, you ask? Well, now I must find her. I pray she still looks at the stars, that she sees that moment, that fleeting moment. That she sees me.

-Lucas
            Writing with Bailey

1 comment:

  1. its a song a lovestory a perfect end to the day what a blessing to have read this what a discovery thank you

    ReplyDelete